Saturday, 28 May 2011

Make it stop!!!

It is 15:32 I am trying to prepare lessons, my kids are everywhere, running around making dinosaur noises and just generally screaming on top of their voices acting like complete barbarians. 
There is one cute little munchkin of a child who is hiding behind my chair frightened. My 2 thai co teachers are sitting next to me, totally unphased by it all. I have stood up 3 times to try calm them down with no success at all. The thai teachers have the ability to shut them up but refuse to do anything. Why? I have no idea. 
But this is my life. 
Thankfully, I have managed to get to a point where my lessons are no longer like this and I can get them to sit at their desks and work...well most of them anyway.
So life has become way more manageable. 
I also now have 2 extra free lessons a week as we now no longer have a grade 3 class. We had 2 students but the one is severely autistic and screams whenever anyone enters the room so she just sits on the computer all day. The other one is completely useless (and I say that in the nicest way possible) and has joined the grade 4 class. And when I mean joined I mean she just sits in the class, she doesnt actually do any of the grade 4's work. We rate/hope her parents will pull her out the school by the end of the month.

So anyway, im no longer sick and I have figured out how to tame the monsters (well atleast for 1 hour a day).

In my grade 2 class we have a new little boy. Cutest kid you have ever seen, doesn't speak a word of english tho. His name is Fifa. Yip, like the soccer thing.

In other news, it has been unbearably hot this week. I have packed away my blanket and have to sleep with my fan and aircon on. I have a slight panic attack whenever I think about what my electric bill will look like for this month.

Other than that, nothing too eventful has happened in my life that I need to share with you.

I miss you all LOADS! And well done on the voting results...it seems I dont need to feel bad about not being there after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment